Technology Transfer Office offers a number of services to the Koç University researcher community. The Technology Transfer Office supports our faculty members in all project management, finance, reporting, intellectual property rights and licensing processes throughout the life cycle of new research projects that will be developed by the Sponsored Research Office.
Project Management Services
- Fund transfer and expenditure tracking of the supported projects
- Preparing the financial reports and submission to the funding organization
- Preparing the internal reports and submission to the Coordinator in Cooperation projects.
- Managing the pre-financing requests
- Call for Funds and invoicing processes when required by the funding organization Managing the Amendment processes
- Dealing with the unforeseen problems throughout the project lifetime
- Financial reconciliation with funding organization at the completion of the project Financial reconciliation with Koç University Budget and Reporting Directorate at the completion of the project
International programs and national programs except TÜBİTAK, project management and finance support: Meltem İşanlar, Mukadder Ezel Yılmaz, Begüm Aktaş
TÜBİTAK, project management and finance support: Elif Naz Acar Bilen – Ceyda Acicbe
Industry projects: Begüm Aktaş
Management of Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights and Licensing Services
In order to support the smooth conduct of IPR matters at Koç University, we provide services that help increase the number of invention declarations and patent applications. We provide the following services:
- We identify proper methods for the evaluation and commercialization of inventions, and guide Koç University inventors through the path of technology transfer.
- We organize events to increase awareness of and inform our stakeholders inside and outside Koç University on matters related to IPR.
- We connect inventors with potential funders and licensing companies.
- We manage relations with companies that license Koç University technologies.
- Management of Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights and Licensing Services
- Contact: Pelin Gündoğdu
Entrepreneurship and Start-Up Supports
Koç University provides support services for start-ups established by Koç University students or researchers, and organizes activities that promote entrepreneurship. This pillar is not run by TTO: All related services are provided by Koç University Center for Entrepreneurship (KWORKS).